To be compatible, a device like this would need to run apps in only one of
the screens.  What it means to run in two screens is not well defined.

Fwiw, the division point between normal and large is 480dp x 640dp.  So a
800x960 hdpi screen is 533dp x 640dp, just barely classifying as large.  On
the other hand the aspect ratio of that screen is only 1.2, which is not
compatible according to the CDD.  It is also not compatible to change the
screen configuration, so there are two reasons it must run applications on
one screen for compatibility.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Flipout has a 320x240 screen.  Ths is definetely the Kyocera Echo.
>
> My only question when supporting this device is if the screen
> consdered Medium or Large?  4.7" seems to be borderline on the screen
> size chart.
>
> On Jun 20, 11:40 pm, Dan <dan.schm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My bet is the Motoroal Ruth/Flipout
> >
> > http://phandroid.com/motorola-flipout/
> >
> > On Jun 19, 6:56 pm, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > As part of my app, if I notice a screen size/DPI combo I haven't
> > > tested on, I pop-up a dialog and ask the user to send me an e-mail
> > > about that.
> >
> > > Here's what I got yesterday:
> >
> > > Display width: 800
> > > Display height: 960
> > > Display DPI: 240
> >
> > > Anybody has a clue as to what kind of device has a 800x960 squarish
> > > screen.  The HDPI indiciates that it's a phone.  I asked the user, but
> > > he hasn't come back to me -- my guess it's something unreleased.- Hide
> quoted text -

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com