ummm... this is what Im doing:

commonHttpOAuthConsumer = new CommonsHttpOAuthConsumer(CONSUMER_KEY,
CONSUMER_SECRET);

                //DefaultOAuthProvider
                authProvider = new CommonsHttpOAuthProvider("https://
api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token",
                                "https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token";,
"https://
api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize");

                authProvider.setOAuth10a(true);

                try {
                                String oAuthURL =
authProvider.retrieveRequestToken(commonHttpOAuthConsumer,
CALLBACK_URL);

                                persistProviderConsumer(); //here i save the
provider and comsumer

                                this.startActivity(new
Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW,
Uri.parse(oAuthURL)));

                        } catch (OAuthMessageSignerException e) {
                                Toast.makeText(this, e.getMessage(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthNotAuthorizedException e) {
                                Toast.makeText(this, e.getMessage(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthExpectationFailedException e) {
                                Toast.makeText(this, e.getMessage(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthCommunicationException e) {
                                Toast.makeText(this, e.getMessage(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        }

Then when the authorization is made on the web, it returns to my
activity and i get the uri:

                        String otoken =
uri.getQueryParameter(OAuth.OAUTH_TOKEN);
                        String verifier =
uri.getQueryParameter(OAuth.OAUTH_VERIFIER);

                        Log.d(TAG, "verifier "+verifier);
                        Log.d(TAG, "oToken "+otoken);

                        loadProviderConsumer(); //here i recover the provider
and comsumer

                        Log.d(TAG, "comsumer oToken
"+commonHttpOAuthConsumer.getToken());

                    // this will populate token and token_secret in consumer
                        try {

authProvider.retrieveAccessToken(commonHttpOAuthConsumer,
verifier);

                        } catch (OAuthMessageSignerException e) {
                                Log.d(TAG, "OAuthMessageSignerException - ");
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthNotAuthorizedException e) {
                                Log.d(TAG, "OAuthNotAuthorizedException - ");
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthExpectationFailedException e) {
                                Log.d(TAG, "OAuthExpectationFailedException -
");
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        } catch (OAuthCommunicationException e) {
                                Log.d(TAG, "OAuthCommunicationException - ");
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        }

                        String token = commonHttpOAuthConsumer.getToken();
                        String tokenSecret =
commonHttpOAuthConsumer.getTokenSecret();

                        Log.d(TAG, "token "+token+" token secret "+tokenSecret);

                        saveToken(this, token);
                        saveTokenSecret(this, tokenSecret);