Hi,

Your answers helped fix the problem but the solution is a little weird, at
least according to me.

Apparently the app force closes when arrays.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<resources>

  <string-array name="update_freq_options">

    <item>Every Minute</item>

    <item>5 minutes</item>

    <item>10 minutes</item>

    <item>15 minutes</item>

    <item>Every Hour</item>

  </string-array>

  <string-array name="magnitude">

    <item>1</item>

    <item>2</item>

    <item>3</item>

    <item>4</item>

    <item>5</item>

    <item>6</item>

    <item>7</item>

    <item>8</item>

  </string-array>

  <string-array name="magnitude_options">

    <item>1</item>

    <item>2</item>

    <item>3</item>

    <item>4</item>

    <item>5</item>

    <item>6</item>

    <item>7</item>

    <item>8</item>

  </string-array>

  <string-array name="update_freq_values">

    <item>1</item>

    <item>5</item>

    <item>10</item>

    <item>15</item>

    <item>60</item>

  </string-array>

</resources>

But if arrays.xml is changed to:

[...]

It works fine. How can a set of 3 more options change the working of the app
so drastically? If you could point me as to how to keep those previous
options in my app I would be grateful as they are magnitude filtering for
earthquakes.

Thanks

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what you look for ..."Cause by" ... in your LogCat.
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Raghav Sood <raghavs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer
>> at
>> android.app.ContextImpl$SharedPreferencesImpl.getString(ContextImpl.java:2754)
>

> This tells you you are trying to cast something to an Integer and it's
> failing. Look up the call stack to find the point at which your code does
> the call into the preferences. Put a break point there, then debug your app
> to find what values you are sending / trying to get from the preference to
> get the bad value.

Raghav Sood
http://www.raghavsood.com/
http://www.androidappcheck.com/