After having trouble posting here via e-mail for a while, and
finally getting it working, I'm posting this for anyone (now or
in the future) who is having similar troubles.

If you can post via the web site's interface, but your attempts
to post via e-mail return a bounce message saying that either
the group doesn't exist, or you misspelled it, or you are not
allowed to post to it via e-mail, check your headers.  Look for
any authentication warnings.  If you see any, your MTA (Mail
Transport Agent, e.g., sendmail, PostFix, etc.) is not getting
logged into Gmail correctly when it connects to Gmail's SMTP
server.  To do so, you must have SSL, TLS, SASL, and use the
correct username (your Gmail e-mail address, e.g., f...@gmail.com)
and password.  Miss any of that, and if your e-mail goes through
at all, you'll have authentication warnings that will probably
cause your e-mail to the list to be blocked.

I was going to post a full set of instructions based on what I
used to get things fixed, but as I started typing it, I realized
that they only apply to Unix users who are using Mutt 1.5.x or
higher (when there is a newer version) as their MUA (Mail User
Agent, i.e., e-mail client).  So I'll skip that.

Hope this helps someone sooner or later.....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"
spooky1...@gmail.com    | Dave Aronson:    As your life flashes before