Hi again, so I was reading around the Google Web Services forums, and
it does seem that the mobile shared IP issue could be a problem. One
post suggests that a significant portion of mobiles in France share
only 30 outward facing ip addresses in total. But non of this is
officially documented anywhere, so we are left a little in the dark
here.

This could be a real problem for our app, as going over quota using
the web direction service due to unrelated allocation is not really a
use case I can go forward with. I would speculate the Android team has
implemented a different rate limit system for the Location geocing as
otherwise surly this will be an issue here too.

Where to move forwards, Im not sure, I think I will do some
investigation for other providers.

Thanks -D