After a phone has booted back up from an unexpected shut down, is
there a place where I can go look for errors? Maybe hardware
malfunctions, kernel crashes that caused it to shut down, etc?  My
understanding is that logcat clears when the phone reboots, so this is
not useful for my case (correct me if I'm wrong).  Where can I go to
get some information on what the phone's state was before the crash?
Thanks.