So we have an app that we have preinstalled with the Toshiba Thrive,
unfortunately, we have an update to the app associated with the impending
launch on Sunday.  My question is this (and I have done some digging on the
blogs, etc).  We don't seem to be able to detect that an update is
available.  A typical app that was submitted to the market first, obviously
detects if an update is available via the version numbers etc...but this
doesn't seem to be the case with preinstalled apps.
Any insight to this would be a big help - thanks you two

Matt Powers
CTO Applico