On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope, but I am sure a lot of changes are not documented.  For example,
> 1280x800 devices now report their screen size as 1280x752.

This was a bug fix -- the platform should have been reporting 1280x752,
because that is actually the amount of space available to apps even in
fullscreen.  Due to this bug, prior to MR2 apps that were relying on the
display metrics to tell them the actual space they would have (usually
games) were clipped at the bottom due to the system bar.  Given that the
system bar space is completely not usable by apps, not accounting for it
basically resulted in no way to do anything useful with the reported display
size because you couldn't know how much was being taken away from the app.

Also this needed to be accurate to support the new resource configuration
options.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer