Yes, but he wants to be able to easily update the packaged part of the
database, and he's not wanting to deal with record data outside of a
sqlite db in the update. I suppose if you were to use the special flag
column, you could extract out the user's rows, replace the packaged db
with your new one, then re-insert the user's rows back in. Would that
work?

- dave
www.android book.com/proandroid3