A checked exception is an exceptional state that you expect to happen, like
the user entering some wrong values, you check that ant throw the ckecked
exception.

In your case I think that your checked exception it's a "hidden" unchecked
exception, something like a try-catch catching an unchecked exception and
throwing back a checked one.

Try cleanning your code and digging around for the root of your error, I
don't think that asking the user to send you the error, or wrapping your
exception with an unchecked exception to force that, is a good choice. Just
"let the code be" ;)