I'm new to android and I'm facing the following problem. I'm
developing for both, Android 2 and 3, and this is why I use fragments.
However to make the app working on Android 2 devices I import
android.support.v4.app.ListFragment (not sure if it makes any
difference with this problem). I need to maintain selection within my
ListFragment when orientation of the screen changes. I'm overriding
onSaveInstanceState() method and put an int into the bundle. When the
screen is rotated, this method is called and the int is added to the
bundle. However when onActivityCreated() is called, its bundle is
null. I am following the example provided on Android website:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Fragment.html, but
as mentioned above - after onSaveInstanceState() is called, the bundle
in onActivityCreated() is still null.

Here's the code:

import android.support.v4.app.ListFragment;
public class VisitsHomeFragment extends ListFragment {
    private int selectedPosition = -1;

    @Override
    public void onActivityCreated(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onActivityCreated(savedInstanceState);
        if (savedInstanceState != null) {  //savedInstanceState is
always null here!
            if (savedInstanceState.containsKey("SELECTED_POSITION")) {
                selectedPosition =
savedInstanceState.getInt("SELECTED_POSITION");
            }
        }
    }

    @Override
    public void onSaveInstanceState(Bundle outState) {
        super.onSaveInstanceState(outState);
        outState.putInt("SELECTED_POSITION", selectedPosition);
    }
}

I would appreciate any help with this problem.