I'd prefer to see more Android 'phones in the hands of users than to see
every Android phone have a developer mode.

The G1 is a consumer device and should be designed as such (including
things like minimising/eliminating the possibility for users to brick
the device by using a home-brew firmware). The DP1 is the dev 'phone
which you can brick to your hearts content if you so wish.

Yes it's annoying that the DP1 was only announced after many of us had
bought G1s, yes it would be nice to have a G1 that we could use like a
DP1, but that's not the main purpose the G1 is designed to serve.

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.