This isn't strictly developer related so I apologize, but I know the
Android staff read these.

I have to get my G1 replaced due to a hardware failure with the
trackball.  It is on R30 and the replacement will be on R30 I would
guess so I can't jailbreak. How else can I get the /data directory off
one phone and on to the other?

I don't want to have to go to the Market and re-download everything
and create export files for all my apps then import them again.  I
have a feeling that's what the suggestions are going to be as that was
what the T-Mobile rep told me to do.

I find it very annoying that there's no way to get to the internal
memory. At least on the iPhone/Touch iTunes can write to that
partition/directory to make this sort of thing a non-issue.  What is/
are Google's plans for this situation?