Hi,

You should use DocumentBuilderFactory, DocumentBuilder and Document
classes.

Here you have an example.

URL url = new URL("http://...";);
HttpURLConnection urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection)
url.openConnection();
urlConnection.connect();

Document doc = db.parse(urlConnection.getInputStream());
doc.getDocumentElement().normalize();
NodeList nodeLst = doc.getElementsByTagName("categories");
for (int i = 0; i < nodeLst.getLength(); i++)
{
      Node currentNode = nodeLst.item(i);
}

You should do it in an AsyncTask or Runnable.

Regards,