It is actually 1MB.  The most common reason for this error is a too large
IPC.  As a quick test, you could try removing half the bitmaps or so and see
if it works.  If so, the issue is almost certainly an IPC that is too large.
 If that is the case, you just need to reduce the amount of data being sent
over.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 01.08.2011 19:02, Ash McConnell пишет:
>
>  Hi Kostya,
>>
>> It's not that the single bitmap is too large, it's that I'm updating quite
>> a few bitmaps. The biggest bitmap in PNG form (a lot smaller I know) is only
>> 4KB. I am updating 14 ImageViews in each update. Is there any way to split
>> the update for each widget instance somehow?
>>

> Binder data size limit is 512K, IIRC, so it should be enough for the
> update.
>
> Are you sure the failed transaction is not caused by bad data in
> RemoteViews (references to views that don't exist, etc.) that cause the
> remote side (Launcher) to crash?
>

>> What are the other methods to push a bitmap into a widget? Anything I
>> could search for?
>>

> ImageView can grab images from a Uri, and supports content:// and file://
> style Uris.
>
> -- Kostya
>

>> Thanks for your help!
>> All the best,