Hi,

currently I am developing a chat like application.
I would like to use a similar GUI as used in the IM app (Google talk /
MSN).

As a beginner (in Android development) its quite difficult to
recognize what GUI elements are used.

I made a photo of the IM (Gtalk) GUI:
http://www.falcon4ever.com/chatscreen_items.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me out and explain which how these elements
are called.

My guesses:
1. A listview? (But how did they made it light pink/white depending on
the text msg? They used special keywords?)
2. EditText
3. Button
4. A background image? Is it part of the 'listview' or is the listview
perhaps transparant somehow?
5. Blue background, is it some kind of 'group' object or a rectangle
object?
6. Top bar, no clue how its called or how I can set the text.

Kind regards,
- Laurence