I have a 1st gen iPhone I use for development and a 3G model for day-
to-day use. I put the SIM from the 1st gen iPhone in the Dev G1 and
adjusted the settings. Everything works fine except that I don't get
any 3G service on the G1. Just came back from running an errand
downtown (where the 3G signal is strong) and took both phones to try
out. Signal strength was high. iPhone showed 3G service while G1
showed only Edge.

Wondering if it's a setting thing, an AT&T thing, or something to do
with the SIM card coming from an Edge iPhone.

Any ideas?