On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM, John <android...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mark, much appreciated, that works. Just to let you
> "com.google.android.gallery3d" is the package name, but for some
> reason simply calling setPackage() on the intent works for some
> packages but not others.

That package name might be new to Honeycomb. The source code we have
access to only goes up to Gingerbread, and I notice that you're trying
this on an EEE Pad Transformer (or something else in the EEE Pad
family).

> Now, that I know the issue, I suppose
> "Application is not installed" makes sense, although it would be nice
> if it could resolve to a more meaningful message.

The problem is, "more meaningful" to you won't be any more meaningful
to the *user*, most likely. Assuming the shortcut ever worked, the
most likely scenario for a user is that the shortcut points to an
application that wasn't installed. LogCat may have had more details
for you as a developer.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 2.0
Available!