Guys:

I am aware that under carefully-controlled circumstances, we can use
the NDK toolchain to produce standalone ASM/C/C++ applications for a
compatible Android target.

What if I want to do a standalone application written in Java for an
Android target?  It seems like I should be able to do this using the
SDK, and I have managed to compile a simple, do-nothing Java class
using the SDK.  (This wasn't a surprise to me).  I'm still looking at
what exactly I would transfer to the target, and then how I would
launch it.

I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time before going any further on this.

Thanks!

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff