The Cupcake branch has provisions for streaming linear PCM audio in
and out of Java.

But before everyone gets too excited, please remember that it takes
time for code in a stabilization branch to be deployed on a device.
There are a series of release candidates, terminal acceptance cycles
on handset(s), and then manufacturing and/or OTA cycles. It may be
months before you see this feature on an actual device.