Hi!

I've encountered a really strange behaviour of the Android Development
VM

-Starting an AsyncTask as a private class from my Activity (works
perfectly)
-Then the programm comes to: (tv=textview)

try {
                        tv.append("before socket\n");
                        cs = new Socket("10.1.1.1", 23);
                        tv.append("after socket");
                        os = cs.getOutputStream();
                        pw = new PrintWriter(os, false);
                        br = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(cs.getInputStream()));

                        } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
                                e.printStackTrace();
                                tv.append("unknown host");

                        } catch (IOException e) {
                                tv.append("IO Exception");
                                e.printStackTrace();

The really interesting thing is that I get the message "before socket"
but not the "after socket", there are no errors or anything(it just
hangs there) and I have tested this whole thing in a native java
environment where it worked perfectly, is there some bug with sockets
in the Eclipse Android VM? (Or am I doing something wrong????)

Thanks in advance for some hints!