Good question! The reason for using the MapView is that I'm mapping my
overlays to actual positions on the map. But I don't want to show the
map's visual information. Using a RelativeLayout and doing the
overlaying myself would force my to do all the calculations that the
mapsystem now does for me. Any further suggestions?

/Martin