Hi I am new to android environment I have written a program which
creats the MulticastSocket ( java.net ) and listens to the packets
which directed to "239.255.255.250:1900" adress. I could able to see
all the packets which are addressing this multicast address when am
executing this program as java program.

But the problem when it comes to android application, I tried to
include the same program in android application which just instantiate
the class (multicast server) which is doint everything ( listening
packets and printing packets). But it is not working as android
application eventhough am sending the packets to that address it is
not listening those packets. I have included <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> in manifest file also..
Can you please some body tell me what else I need to inlcude in the
android project to get socket programs to work.
thanks in advance..