I am new to Android.

I am planing to write code for typing tutor game application.
In that i need to scroll down letters from top to bottom until user
enters a key.

I can write the same in c like

while(!kbhit())
{

   print("c");
}

but i don't know how to convert the same into Android.

I tried something like this but its not working

        while(TRUE){
                                canvas.drawText("naresh", 30, i, p);++i;
                           try {
                                        Thread.sleep(5000);
                                 }
                  catch (InterruptedException e) {