I got another quasi-DOA just before Christmas.
The phone will run for about 1 min and then lock up.
The screen usually keeps displaying the last image, but the phone will
update or not respond to any input.
After a lockup, holding power+home does not turn off the phone, I need
to remove the battery.
I tried charging the battery overnight, no difference.

At some point, I was able to put in my google info quickly enough to
get past the setup stage.

At one point I tried timing the lockups under various use cases.
The phone seems to run fine for about 45-60 seconds.
The 45-60 seconds is from when I first push the power button.
 * I've tried running without a sim card -- still locks up.
 * I've tried running without the SD card -- still locks up.
 * I've tried going into recovery mode -- still locks up.

The only thing that seems suspicious about the phone, is that the
system recovery log complains that "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/
command"

Also, I haven't tried loading any new firmware on the device.

I haven't tried RMA'ing the phone yet because it works for a while --
it is not a total brick.
I want to have some concrete evidence that there is a legitimate
hardware issue with the phone...
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Derek