We've received quite a few very good reviews of Pro Android 3
(Apress). I'm a co-author along with Satya Komatineni. Available in
print and ebook formats here: http://www.apress.com/9781430232223
and at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Android-3-Satya-Komatineni/dp/1430232226

This is probably the largest book on Android you'll find, covering a
ton of topics on Android that the other books just don't touch. Such
as OpenGL, Search API, Contacts API, Sensors, Text-to-speech, Drag and
drop, and more.

- dave
http://www.androidbook.com/proandroid3