> > Then can you please help me out with an example.
>
> Please quote the right way
> Just create an empty file in your folder named .nomedia

You are NOT making folder "private". It just makes "Gallery" skipping. Other
apps may ignore .nomedia file and still show the images. If you want data
private you may (depending on what data really is and how private is shall
be) store it in app folder, not SD card or use own file format or use own
file container or...

Regards,
Marcin Orlowski

*Tray Agenda <http://bit.ly/trayagenda>* - keep you daily schedule handy...