Advice would be to use aidl, since it's standard and not using it is
usually because it's a little of a pain to figure out (although I'd
argue you'd be better for it, and its all handled for you, otherwise
you've got semi hacky looking code).  Any difference in perf would be
small, I'd figure (however, you'd note that aidl provides a lower
bound, because messenger is implemented through aidl anyway...)

Kris