If the data is not going to be searched on, nor shared with other
applications, a database is overkill. Simply writing it out as a data
file or a Preference is adequate.

The sample code for chapter 5 of Android in Action has samples that do
all three approaches. It is freely downloadable even if you did not
buy the book. Download it from http://code.google.com/p/android-in-action/