I have a date textview. And my textview holds a date string like
2011.09.17. Well I still do want to have that but I also want to add
some more user friendly info for some specific dates like today or
yesterday. For example if today is 2011.09.17 I want my textview to
have value of yesterday instead 2011.09.16 and today instead
2011.09.17.

well I already managed to do this :), but in the ugly way :(. I do
this with a lot of 'if->than' which is really uglly and what ever I
want to add some new rule like if the date is older than one year I
want to put string like last year or so.... I really need to add ugly
logic.

My question is is there a nicer way to do this ? is there something
like design pattern for this ? What is the recommended way to do
this ? I am sure that many people have encounter this kind of problems

if there some bather approach than thousand of ifs ? if not thanks any
way at least I will stop searching for bather solution

any suggestions , snippet or so will be appreciated

Thanks