Which Galaxy? I have a Galaxy Pro and would be willing to try it out and see
if I can reproduce your error.

Thanks

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com>wrote:

> That seems odd. Are you sure the user has a stock ROM?
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Jean-Michel
> <jeanmichel.caz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > just released my first app to beta testers and real life (the one with
> > real users) caught me...
> >
> > One of them has a Samsung Galaxy phone and he cannot launched the
> > application (had something along the lines of "application not
> > installed").
> >
> > He sent me his logs and the interesting line seems to ba that one :
> > 09-30 13:16:33.027 W/ActivityManager( 125): Permission Denial:
> > starting Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x10000000
> > cmp=com.droidfa/.ControlPanel } from ProcessRecord{40967030
> > 30906:com.android.packageinstaller/10054} (pid=30906, uid=10054)
> > requires android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
> >
> > The issue is that other GPS applications work fine on his phone (GPS
> > Test).
> >
> > He are the permissiopns from my manifest.
> > <uses-permission
> > android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
> > <uses-permission
> > android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS"></
> > uses-permission>
> > <uses-permission
> > android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"></uses-
> > permission>
> > <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"></uses-
> > permission>
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > JM
> >
> > --

> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy
>
> _The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 2.0
> Available!

Raghav Sood
CEO/Founder/Owner/Dictator/Tyrant at Appaholics (Basically all titles
required to have complete control)
http://www.raghavsood.com/
https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Appaholics
http://www.appaholics.in/