On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Erel <ereluz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> is it good for new learning people?
>
> Basic4android is much simpler than Eclipse / Java in almost all cases.
> Especially for programmers with less experience.

However it should be noted that this group is concerned explicitly
with the SDK, which is based on Java code.

If you want to learn how to program (for real) then you should learn
Java and the Android SDK.  If you are a computer science student, this
shouldn't be difficult, and is very typical of the workload expected
throughout an undergraduate course.

Using a basic variant for Android would have a number of drawbacks,
perhaps the biggest being: if you want to learn a skill that you can
use in a professional (or even hobbyist) manner, you're going to want
to use the actual framework, not a watered down version intended to
make it easier.

So go through the examples, and learn it for real, like I said, it
shouldn't be too difficult if you're a CS student already :-).

Kris