Try using

       android:maxLength

MaxEms has to do with the appearance, not data entry.

05.10.2011 21:05, John Goche ?????:

Hello,

I have an EditText which contains an integer.
I am trying to confine its values to 4 digits as
follows:

<EditText
          android:id="@+id/foo"
          android:inputType="number"
          android:maxEms="4"
          android:textSize="20dp"
          android:layout_height="wrap_content"
          android:layout_width="match_parent"></EditText>

but when I run my app in the emulator I can type
more than 4 digits. What should I do?

Thanks,

John Goche

Kostya Vasilyev