Thank you David. I was considering whether I should pursue this
approach as an ad interim solution, but lacking experience in this
sort of http server programming it could take a lot of time and effort
to figure things out and make it robust, so in principle I'd rather
wait for the more general solution in a future SDK, until then
continuing with the "cache-to-flash" approach.

Regards