Hi,

I want to apply push notification to my app.and found below  link
helpful.
http://www.vogella.de/articles/AndroidCloudToDeviceMessaging/article.html.

Here is the content from this site.

2.2. Getting the registration ID for the mobile app

To register your Android app for the C2DM service you fire an
registration intent "com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTER". This
will trigger a service which will send the registration to the Google
C2DM servers.

The intent includes a mail address in the "sender" extra and a
PendingIntent with the "app" extra. The PendingIntent gives the
Android system information about the current application. The "sender"
is typical an email address but is currently not used.

is it necessary to register the app every time it starts(assuming
service was stoped)?