I was playing around with the Package Browser on the Emulator while my
app was paused.  I located my app's package and noticed the "Restart"
button at the top of the page.  I clicked on this button and when I
went back to my app it was on the same activity I had paused, but the
display was a bit screwed up.  What does this "restart" button do in
terms of app and activity life cycles?  Does it do something that the
OS might do?  Does the screwed up screen mean that I am not persisting
my activity state properly?  Where should I look?