On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM, kaciula <catalin.moro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here you go: https://github.com/kaciula/BugRetain
> It uses a CursorLoader to take 2 values from a database through a content
> provider and shows them on screen. Press the button to move to a second
> activity, then press BACK and then switch orientation of device. The values
> from db are no longer showing.

OK. It may take a few days before I get a chance to look at this,
given my travel schedule and other commitments.

> PS: I am eagerly awaiting a thorough chapter for loaders in your books :)

I don't know how much constitutes "thorough" but I have a loader
chapter coming in the next edition of _The Busy Coder's Guide to
Advanced Android Development_. Since I think we will remain Ice Cream
Sandwich-less this week, I hope to publish this update on Monday. I
want to examine your issue before I do that, though, as there's
probably something I should be adding to the chapter, either the
solution for the problem, or a warning to others about the problem.

Thanks for posting the sample!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 3.1 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books