I'm making an android app for chat and file sharing over wifi. I'm
able to generate a multicast address(and receive the packet) for the
same access point but my device(Desire HD) does not receive UDP packet
broadcasted at 255.255.255.255. So how do I discover devices connected
to a different access point on the same LAN. I did some research and
read about jmdns. Is this the only way around? Or is there some other
alternative for device discovery?