Hear hear. Even for those of us writing stuff by hand it would be useful.

I've been trying to get my head around what a definitive schema would
be though. It seems like the way things like attrs.xml work (to
define elements for custom controls) some of the XML grammar is
defined at resource compile time by other XML. (A static schema would
give you the meta-framework for this, but not the specific grammar
for a particular compilation run.)

I'd still like to see the static schema though!

-- Ward