That is a real shame that they have decided to do that.  What we are
seeing with the major fragmentation of places to get android apps from
is the result and will get worse if this policy continues.  Once we go
beyond a certain point people will be used to it and the fragmentation
will be almost impossible to repair.  The term "marketplace" and
google's "all apps are created equal" mantra for Android both suggest
an open and collaborative environment which is exactly what this is
not.  Really a shame.  I was hoping for something like Youtube's
interface for browsing, rating, commenting on apps and purchasing.