On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Studio LFP <studio....@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you look at the history of developers, we're already use to having to
> deal with a lot worse fragmentation issues than Android. Anyone that's ever
> developed a website correctly knows that supporting the available web
> browsers is a lot more of a challenge than with Android versions.

I disagree.

<!--[if IE 6]>

is not challenging whatsoever compared to getting your apps working
well on lots of different Android devices running lots of different
SKD versions and resolutions.

> Windows, Mac OSX, a ton of server technologies, databases, etc., they all
> have tons of different versions available to support. Most companies stick
> with older versions because it is what they have and it is working. When it
> comes to Android, I've been pleasantly surprised at the efforts Google has
> gone through to help manufacturers upgrade.

That's point of the article.  Manufacturers aren't upgrading.  They
ship the device and wash their hands of it.  Users on 2 year upgrade
contracts are using ancient software versions on their phones.  Read
the article.

--
Greg Donald