Every time you update software, there is more than a good chance that it
probably didn't clean up after itself and has left old and/or orphaned
files and entries. Not to mention the settings in different layers of
software that you may know nothing about.

There is a good chance Eclipse, ADT and Java keeps all the old settings
around update after update. Then you have overall project settings and then
specific project settings. The odds of one of those five having a rogue
setting that could cause issues is pretty good. The longer you go without
cleaning house, the more likely you are to end up with internal problems.

That's not even mentioning the fact that each component of Eclipse, and any
other plugin you have in Eclipse, also has settings. Just look in your
Workspace .metadata directory. Each plugin can carry its own settings in
those folders. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of settings
that can affect how well your environment behaves.

Steven
Studio LFP
http://www.studio-lfp.com