we can call use the zxing bar code reader in our app ...try this
package com.resource;
import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.widget.Button;

public class BarcodeScan extends Activity implements OnClickListener {
private Button Scan;
    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.barcodescan);

        Scan =(Button) findViewById(R.id.scan);
Scan.setOnClickListener(this);

    }

    public void onClick(View v)
    {
        switch (v.getId()) {
            case R.id.scan:

             Intent intent = new
Intent("com.google.zxing.client.android.SCAN");
            intent.putExtra("SCAN_MODE", "QR_CODE_MODE");
            startActivityForResult(intent, 0);
            break;
        }
    };

    public void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent
intent) {
        if (requestCode == 0) {
            if (resultCode == RESULT_OK)
            {
                String contents = intent.getStringExtra("SCAN_RESULT");
                String format = intent.getStringExtra("SCAN_RESULT_FORMAT");
                // Handle successful scan
            }
            else if (resultCode == RESULT_CANCELED)

            {