Hello guys,

If this subject was already discussed somewhere in the forums with the
solution without ROOTing the device, I would like to apologize ahead of
time...

As we know that the Bottom Status Bar in the Android Honeycomb takes lots
of real-estate on the Tablet screen, since this is the case and one of my
applications that I am creating needs that space, is there someway to hide
it without ROOTING the device?

I research a lot on this subject and I haven't found any solutions that I
am looking for and at the same time I don't understand why there isn't way
to do that now (hide it, shrink it, move it, whatever) ...  What I
understand is that if some people will remove that completely, the users
will be stuck in that program and the only way to get out is to restart the
device...At the same time I would like to argue that the developer should
know better...

As fun ROOTING the system sounds, I again would like stay away from that....

The following link contains some in depth discussion on this subject, since
March 10th, 2011... In fact some people did an in depth analysis on this
subject with the potential solutions... Does anyone know if this will be an
option in the near future without ROOTING the device?  If so, does anyone
know how of the near future that is going to be, because I am really on a
tight deadline here?
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15408

Please let me know if have any answers to my questions and I would like to
thank you ahead of time..

Thank you and Best Regards,

Sebo