Gets the phone number the app is running on.
It needs a permission so add the line uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" to the manifest.xml

        private String getMyPhoneNumber()
        {
       TelephonyManager mTelephonyMgr;
           mTelephonyMgr =
(TelephonyManager)getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE);
       return mTelephonyMgr.getLine1Number();
        }

    private String getMy10DigitPhoneNumber()
        {
        String s = getMyPhoneNumber();
        return s.substring(2);
    }

        Note : Keep in mind that phone number may NOT be available, depending
on the carrier.