That's the question that make me mad for at least 3 days!!!!!

Please help me! I have your same problem. IDENTIC! Have you solved it?

I think that rotation matrix is not usefull, because doing so, i have too,
the first and second absolute component of acceleration are always 0, and
the third is ok.

If you use instead matrix product funztion the result are very bad and
differnt? (maybe math is an opinion???)

Check also my question in stackoveflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8027536/android-sensor-getrotationmatrix-returns-wrong-values-why

Many thanx!!!