You cannot force your home screen upon the user, except by
distributing your own firmware. "a setting inside my app that will
toggle default home = my application or previous home" is not
supported.

If you create an alternative home screen, the *user* can elect to
start it when the user presses HOME, and the *user* can choose to make
it their default home screen by the checkbox on the chooser.
Similarly, the *user* can choose to uninstall your home screen or
otherwise return to the regular one (e.g., reboot in safe mode).

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Saurabh Patel <saurabh.ce1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> i want to launch my customize home screen of default .
>
> for some specific requirement I am required to change Android Default Home
> application with my customized Home application ( a setting inside my app
> that will toggle default home = my application or previous home)
>
> I don't want the user to travel android settings that are very complicated.
>
> Can any one help me out like where it registers launcher.apk for default
> home application or how to change that
>
> Give me the guidelines for that
>
> Thanks

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)