Thank you for your input
I'm not needing 200fps, in fact the purpose is to go from 30fps on down to 5fps I'm trying to get a video player that will play at normal speed and then slow down to around 10x slower

frames.incrementProgressBy(300-(playSpeed*30));  //   327-(playSpeed*30));
frames  = frames.getProgress();
mBitmap  = retriever.getFrameAtTime(frame*1000);

When playSpeed is  0  then increment is 300 thus getFrameAt is  300,000
When playSpeed is  9  then increment is   30 thus getFrameAt is    30,000

Currently,  the code  slows the playback time. I have a 15 sec test video
at playSpeed 0 it plays for 15 sec at play speed 9 it plays for 2 min 30 sec

Time wise Only, this is perfect, but video play back quality it is jerky / skippy.
For example, the person walking  they are moving towards the camera
but the left leg is always in front, never left, right left. (Which is what you see when you
play back using gallery)

Also the playback size is around 1020 x 600, would be nice to have it as large as possible thou I understand from the problems I'm having I might have to scale back to around
800 x 600, thou this is NOT ideal.

I will try adjusting the mHandler.postDelayed(buffering, 1); to , 40);
and keep working

With regards to media player, I had tried both MediaPlayer and VideoView
The issue I ran into there was
E/Surface(25854): surface (identity=1038) is invalid, err=-19 (No such device) My main Activity calls a Fragment which is inflated, and I add to the FrameLayout
the videoView or MediaPlayer dynamically

The overall is you can select any media type  jpg, png , or 3gp
and you can zoom in and zoom out,  draw lines , change colors , etc..
This is all accomplished with transparent ImageView layers stack on top of each other It works great for all images, fails when it comes to video. I have been stuck on
this for about 5-7 months now, if it's not one problem it's another.

I will also try the dynamic MediaPlayer again

BelvCompSvs, can you please further explain

     for what you want to do the ICS [14] is exactly what that is for

Again Thanks to all