Den onsdag den 16. november 2011 07.42.02 UTC+1 skrev Android Developer:

> Before pushing application to market we need to remove Log statements.
> if application contains more java files then its hard to remove one by
> one.

Its not particularly elegant, but for smaller projects I usually just
declare somewhere a boolean

public static final boolean DEBUG = false;

and then prefix my log invocations:

if (DEBUG) Log.d(TAG,"blabla");

As the DEBUG variable is final the Java compiler should optimize out the
log statements as they are never reachable (no need for proguard to do
that). So, it works essentially like a hack to get #ifdef's in your code.

Jacob