Hi,

Could someone clarify whether there is an actual Face Recognition API?
To make Face Unlock, some Face Recognition algorithm is needed and I
would like to know if we can use such an algorithm. From another
discussion group, Face Unlock is a proprietory Google application and
if this is true does it mean that the Face Unlock should not be listed
on the page http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-4.0-highlights.html
since it is not actually part of the platform?

A note that I know there is a Face Detection algorithm/API present but
I wish to know about Face Recognition i.e. identify who the person is.

Thanks,
Jimmy